Basic informationPortal cintoriny.sk is dedicated to serve general public, but also specialists looking for information about solving complete cemetery digitising tasks ranging from accurate geodetic measurement (possible is also aeronautical photography of cemetery) to storage of gravestone’s photographies, data about deceased, data about individual graves and others to databases. Attribute “Official” in The official portal of Slovakian cemeteries phrase stands for our statement that all data concerning graves, deceased persons, payments and states of contracts together with all digital maps of cemeteries are taken from official sources of cemetery administrations, which work with information system WinCITY Cemetery© developed by TOPSET company.
Data securityAccessible data, which can be viewed by user of cintoriny.sk portal are physically stored on server in Slovak Republic. Our server contains only data, which can be displayed at all times and does not possess any other information (unlike other solutions). In our opinion this approach gives people who are paying for grave places assurance, that their personal information, information about payments and contracts will NOT be published anywhere else. Amount of data to be posted on cintoriny.sk portal is variable and all data are released only from local computer of cemetery administration.
Functionality and possibilities
- Searching for deceased and displaying found data about graves and deceased on cemeteries
- Detailed map of Slovak Republic with information about data availability or possible data availability (stored locally and not agreed to be published yet by local cemetery administration)
- Advanced search for deceased by inputing name of full length or just first couple of characters either in particular Town/City or in all cemeteries over Slovak Republic stored on cintoriny.sk portal
- Searching for all cemeteries in Town/City
- Cemetery localisation on the map of Slovak Republic
- Well distributed information in grave record window with photography of gravestone which can be zoomed. Grave record window is divided into different categories
- In tab “grave”, in grave record window, you can find information like grave number, length of grave, width of grave, area of grave, depth of grave, last buried person, preceding grave number, protecting grave as an culture sight, information about army grave, data related to payments for grave place and information about contracts related to grave (if permited by local cemetery administration)
- In tab “deceased”, in grave record window, you can find information like grave number, name and surname of all people buried in that grave, date of birth and date of death, etc.
- There is also possibility of publishing information about lessees (in certain extent, which is allowed by law)
- Accurate digital map of cemeteries with coloured graves, grave numbers, sectors and sidewalks. Map can be moved, zoomed and centered. There is also a little window on the right side of digital map which shows which region is currently displayed
- Fast interactivity between digital map and data in grave record window
- User can enlighten candle on virtual cemetery’s grave (shown in digital map). It is possible to choose between different types of candles and burners. Candles are burning for 24 hours and over this period their intensity slowly decrease. Other possibility is to lay flowers, bouquet or annullus on the grave.
- It is also possible to leave a message dedicated to your loved deceased which will be displayed together with your name, date and time, when was this message posted on portal. Each user has the right to look through messages shown on the portal
- This functionality enables you to search for providers of different cemetery services in Town/City of your interest. You just need to input data in fields “Town/City” and select service that you would like to find
- In tab Citations, you can choose from different citations, epitaphs and verses
- In tab About cemeteries, you can find interesting information about history and presence of burial traditions and cemeteries in Slovak Republic and Europe with photo gallery
- In tab Digitising cemeteries, people interested in taking care about cemeteries on professional level can find detailed information about digitising cemeteries, i.e. creating digital map of cemetery, collecting data from gravestones, collecting gravestone’s photographies, information system WinCITY Cemetery©, etc.